Monday, March 17, 2014

Printmaking

Artists develop art making skills

In the printmaking project I learned what printmaking was and how to do it. I had never heard of it before and had no idea how to do it. When we were first assigned this project I was confused on what to do. After doing a few stamps I started to understand printmaking. I developed new skills with it and got really good at it by the end of the project. 

Techniques I practiced during this project were sketching, tracing, and mixing paints. I had to sketch out the rubiks cube which was difficult because I had to measure out all the squares to be the same size. I had to trace it which wasn't very hard. During the printmaking process, I had to mix different paints to get the colors just right for this project. 

Artists take risks

I chose a popart with a lot of different colors which means a lot of different layers. I wasn't sure how it would turn out sense I had never done printmaking before. It was a risk with all the different colors, and it took a really long time. I'm glad I decided to do it. 

Printmaking was a process I was unfamiliar with. The technique was new to me and I did a lot of practice before I did the final prices. It was really hard for me at first but once I got the hang of it, it wasn't that hard. 
Finished Printmaking Peice 

1 comment: