Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Two in One


In Progress

In the two in one project, I am incorporating the theme by morphing together a tiger's face and a human face. I have chosen to do this because I thought putting the two faces together would look cool.

The medium I am using in this project is pencil. I chose pencil because I thought it would look the best. Also, I like pencil because you can make mistakes and erase them. Sense this is the first project, I will be making a lot of mistakes. With the pencil it is really easy to make different shades which I think looks good.

So far, I haven't had much trouble with this project. Some difficulties I've encountered were drawing the face of the shape. I try to make it look exactly as it would in real life. Another difficulty is drawing the stripes on the tiger because it is really hard to make it look like a real tiger. Also, shading in the shadows of the face has been hard.

Finished

I think my piece was successful because it looks like a tiger face and human face combined. I think I did the value good on what to shade. Also I like how i drew the fur and made it look natural. I am most proud of the human eye I drew and the birthmark under it. I really like the birthmark because it looks natural.

If I could go back and change something I would probably change the tigers eye. I feel like I could've made it more realistic looking. It just looks like a black hole because I colored it in all black. If I could go back I would've colored it in with value.

I have incorporated the two in one theme by morphing together a human face and a tiger face.


No comments:

Post a Comment