Friday, February 28, 2014

Color Project


 Color Project

Progress
I have chosen the creature theme for my color project. I drew a butterfly with exotic designs. I incorporate the theme by making the butterfly a creature.

I chose the medium acrylic paint. I decided to make the background of the butterfly a dark gray to really make it stand out. I want to do a bright background to make the butterfly pop. I like the acrylic paint because it really shows the color well and makes it look very real. The colors are pretty and it's easy to mix paints and make new colors.

Some difficulties I have had was deciding what designs to do in the butterfly's wings. I wanted the designs to be interesting so in the planning picture the wings are basically my different ideas. In my final design the wings are different then in the first sketch. Another difficulty I had was outlining the butterfly because the brushes made it hard. I had to go over it a few times to make it thick and finished looking.

Finished
I think my project was successful because the butterfly turned out really exotic. I like the design I did inside the butterfly's wings. I am most proud of the butterfly because I like the color scheme I chose and the shape of the butterfly.

If I could go back and change one thing it would be to even out the background more. I did an ombre pink background and it doesn't look very even. I would want to go back and plan out the spacing of it more. 

From this project I learned how to mix different paints to make new colors. Also, to make colors lighter or darker. It was fun to experiment and I really enjoyed using paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment